Learn about the CeDiploma, an official, highly secure electronic version of your UMUC diploma.
University of Maryland University College is proud to offer the Certified Electronic Diploma (CeDiploma) to students graduating in spring 2017 or later. The CeDiploma is optional for students to purchase.
Key Benefits of a CeDiploma
The CeDiploma is more than a paper credential. It is an official, portable, and verifiable electronic version of your accomplishment that can be shared for a lifetime.
You can provide your CeDiD and the UMUC URL (umuc.edu) on your resume to highlight your achievement and expedite the verification process for potential employers.
You can share your CeDiploma with employers, family, and friends and on social media.
Order or reserve your CeDiploma for $10.95.
- The CeDiploma can be independently validated through the UMUC website by future employers, state government licensing agencies, and any other entity that wishes to validate your achievement.
- The document is digitally signed and encrypted such that it is trusted and more readily accepted.
- For security reasons, the electronic credential cannot be printed.
Learn more about secure electronic credentials from CeCredential Trust.
FAQs: About the CeDiploma
Can I print my CeDiploma?
A CeDiploma is for electronic use only. A CeDiploma can be viewed using Adobe Reader or Acrobat 9.0 or higher, and it can always be shared.
The CeDiploma has printing disabled, so it cannot be printed. Your CeDiploma is official as long as it is digital. If you print it, it cannot be validated or used as an official document.
Can I obtain an electronic copy of my diploma if I graduated prior to spring 2017?
Currently, a UMUC CeDiploma is only available for students graduating in spring 2017 or later.
How soon after I graduate can I order and receive a CeDiploma?
The CeDiploma will be available approximately four to six weeks after your degree has been posted to your record. You will receive an e-mail notification when your paper diploma has been shipped and a CeDiploma is available to be ordered.
Can I download the CeDiploma? Can I send it via e-mail to others?
Yes, you can download a digitally signed copy of your CeDiploma. You can then e-mail it to anyone you desire.
How do I know if the CeDiploma I received is valid?
There are two ways to validate your electronic diploma. This is noted on the second page of the diploma.
- Validate through the UMUC website by clicking the link on the second page of the CeDiploma and typing the necessary information where indicated.
- If you are using Adobe Reader or Acrobat 9.0 or higher, you will be able to view the digital signature which is part of the overall security of the document, detailed on the second page of the CeDiploma. Please note: Other PDF/digital readers and some mobile devices may not be able to read the digital signature.
Why does the digital signature on the CeDiploma say "CeCredential Trust"?
CeCredential Trust is the branded name of the digital signature that UMUC’s vendor uses to digitally sign the CeDiploma.
I am using a web browser to open the PDF, but it will not open properly. What do I do?
The CeDiploma is best viewed in Adobe Reader or Acrobat 9.0 or higher. Some features may not be available when viewed in a web browser’s default viewer. Please change the default viewer in your web browser so that it uses Adobe Reader or Acrobat.
Note for Mac users: When displaying an official electronic credential from UMUC, the software utilizes Adobe's secure certified PDF technology and therefore may only be viewed using Adobe Reader or Acrobat 9.0 or higher. The default Mac preview application will not display the document correctly.
I have a hold on my record. Can I receive my CeDiploma?
Requests from current or former students with unmet obligations to UMUC (e.g., holds) cannot be honored. To resolve financial holds, contact email@example.com.
A CeDiploma may not be available for all conferral dates.
CeDiploma® is a Registered Trademark
CeDiD™ and CeCredential™ are Trademarks